Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

This post features what I made for Father's Day - carrot cake cupcakes. They weren't from scratch, though. They were made from a Duncan Hines mix. This post is more to highlight my decorating skills, or lack thereof.

My carrots look more like peppers.


The mix was alright, I thought - not the best I'd ever had. I'm not a fan of raisins, for one thing. However, I did enjoy the real bits of carrot in it.

Now, my icing job. I'm happy with it, I suppose, but it's clear to me that I need practice. I used Betty Crocker's Easy Flow icing in orange and green. You almost have to be a body-builder in order to get the icing to come out. It requires a lot of pressure pushing down on the nozzle for the icing to flow. I think that was a large part of my problem, but I know I can't blame it all on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment